Safety is of paramount importance to Merjent, and our safety and health professionals recognize that project and operational success depend on safety for workers, communities, and the environment.
Merjent's Safety Management System has been developed from the ANSI Z10 standard and is reviewed annually to ensure compliance and incorporation of industry best-practices. Training and hazard recognition are the cornerstones of preparing our staff to remain safe.
We approach safety as an interdependent responsibility —"I've got your back and you've got mine." This expectation is carried throughout all of Merjent and starts at the top with care and concern exhibited by our management team.
Safety and Health Consulting Services
Merjent provides a wide range of consulting services to meet the needs of our clients in the engineering, construction, oil and gas, electric transmission, renewables, biofuels, and mining industries.
Safety Management Systems
Your Safety Management Systems (SMS) is the safety backbone of your organization
Our Safety Management Systems services include:
- Program development and review
- Performance metrics evaluation
- Perception surveys and gap analysis
- Facilitated small group culture assessment
- Risk management evaluation
- Corporate responsibility
Leveraging the power of technology can make the job of compliance a lot easier.
Our Technology Solutions include:
- Performance measurement with "dashboard" tools
- Electronic inspection tools, data collection, and analysis
- Custom or off-the-shelf e-learning training and tracking
- Webcast roundtable forums and discussion groups
Build greater confidence in responding to emergencies – how prepared are you?
Our Emergency Preparedness services include:
- Emergency action plan review
- Tabletop and functional exercise development and management
- DOT/Site Security Plans
- Review of in-house and contracted response resources
- USCG/EPA Facility Response Action Plans
- EPA Spill Prevention, Control, Countermeasure Plans
- OSHA Emergency Response Plan Action Plans
- Community and industry preparedness coordination
Process Safety Management
We evaluate your program to identify gaps in implementation and make recommendations to improve effectiveness.
Our Process Safety Management services include:
- DHS Chemical Facility Registration
- Process safety management (PSM) program development
- PSM gap analysis
- Risk Management Plan (RMP) development
- PSM and RMP mock audits
Has your safety and health program achieved Safety Ex-cellence and Leadership?
Click below to view the chart and check your progress:
We will work with you to improve compliance, lower risk, and help you provide your staff with safe and healthful work environment.
Take your current program from "Compliance is Good Enough" to "Best-in-Class".
An independent review, along with recommendations, can identify deficiencies before they become trouble.
Our Compliance Review services include:
- Mock OSHA inspections
- Citation assistance, including informal OSHA conference representation
- Safety grant application assistance (Minnesota only)
- DHS Chemical Facility Registration
- Process safety management & risk management plans
- Program, policy, and procedure review
- Incident review and root cause analysis
- Safety & PSM/RMP Audits
- On-site Compliance Support (part-full time)
Training and Education
Effective training programs are impactful, engage the learner, and provide opportunities to apply knowledge in useful and relevant ways.
Our Training services include:
- Safety leadership
- OSHA 10/30 hour Outreach (Construction and General Industry)
- PSM & RMP compliance training
- First aid, CPR, and AED
- Customized on-site training
- OSHA general industry topics: Hot work, LO/TO, etc.
- On-line training, including custom lessen development
- Webcast/webinar training and seminars
- Safety grant preparation